Thursday, August 2, 2012

One more day in the ICU


Today we finally started feeding some skim breast milk. This was paired with TPN, a mix of IV nutrients. After 3.5 days of not feeding him, we were more than ready for this. Tyler's X-Ray looked good this morning again and had much lower fluid output from his chest tube. He only put out 30ml which is significantly less than the 130 from the previous day. The doctors are happy with his progress but are watching his every move. We are looking forward to a possible move to the heart center tomorrow (Friday) as long as there is still steady progress with his fluid output and he continues to stay out of respiratory distress. He is still on Oxygen because it is helping his vessels int he lungs expand. We have had 5 feedings with the skim milk but the doctor said that we would not really see the affect of it until later tomorrow.

Tyler overall had a good day and was easier to console than yesterday, but you can still tell that he is uncomfortable from his chest tube.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

"fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isa 41:10

1 comment: