Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Another Good Day for Tyler

Tyler had a smiley day today. We are on day 9 for not eating and the xray showed no visable effusion! (There really shouldn't be since he isn't eating, but hey, at least it is dry so it can heal.) We will be talking with the team tomorrow to get an opinion on where to go from here. His surgeon came up today and said he would like to see him stay on TPN until he has had clear xrays for 7 days in a row before we introduce a low-fat diet. We will have to check back and see how many days of xrays have been clear to be sure we have gone a full 7 days. I still want Dr. Rotta, the cardiac intensivest, to give his opinion since he has dealt with several other cases like Tyler. Here's to hoping that it is working this time. We won't know for sure until we feed him.

I took these pictures this afternoon! I'm really enjoying his face without tape. It won't be long before we have to put the NG back in, so I will take many pictures for now.



On a side note- thanks to the many friends for all the encouraging words, packages, food and prayers. We really appreciate it. Today, it was touching to receive a gift of cupcakes from a friend of a friend who doesn't even know us! We are truly being blessed by so many people. Thank you all.

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how such a cute little boy can be so sick. Get well soon, Tyler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me, but I've been following tyler's story and praying for your family. God bless! He's such a doll!

    ReplyDelete