So exciting yet so unbelievable. Tyler's xray Wednesday morning was clear! I am still not convinced that he could actually be better, but it appears it really could be true this time. Too many times we have gotten our hopes up only to be brought back to the reality of more chylous effusions. They want to do another xray on Friday to see if there is any change.
Tyler's feedings aren't going well. Early in the week he was taking 30 mils every time from the bottle. He needs to be taking closer to 100, so we placed an NG tube. He will no longer take anything from the bottle and he is vomiting quite often after feeds. The fact that he isn't taking any food by mouth makes me think something is probably still wrong. I am hoping that it is nothing, but I still can't help but think his effusion may be coming back.
If the xray looks good tomorrow, we may be going home soon. I just want to get the feedings figured out enough that he isn't vomiting. Other than the feeding, he is doing great.Very happy and sleeping well too.
No comments:
Post a Comment