It's the weekend again. I am not particularly found of "the weekend" around here. It seems that people that work at hospitals like to have lives outside of the hospital on the weekend, so less things happen. (venting) I understand this, but I also get frustrated because it seems like Tyler chooses the weekend to have something out of the ordinary happen. I have to say that if it were truly an emergency situation, people would come in and do what needed to be done, but when it is not an emergency, they use a wait and see approach to things. This makes my impatient self crazy sometimes! Today, Tyler had 2 things come up that concerned us: extra fluid build up on the lungs and the picc line where the clot was found was now bleeding at the entry site. It was decided that since the team for picc lines was not there for the weekend that they would call another hospital to ask for advice. They decided to use a surgery gauze to try to get the picc line to stop bleeding at the entry site and then have the line team check it out on Monday as long as it was under control.
Grandma Pfleeger brought Connor to visit this afternoon. We were very excited to see him. Connor and Daddy went to the playground and played till dinner while Grandma got to see Tyler. Dinner was at the Ronald McDonald House provided by a church. Connor loved the "chocolate CAKE!"
No comments:
Post a Comment