Monday, May 28, 2012

Riley Day 9

Tyler looks great this morning. He was sporting a mohawk, so I am sure he and the night nurse had some fun. His swelling has gone down so much and he is looking much less green since he had a bath last night. The green is the antibacterial wash that they used before surgery. The doctors are pleased and are predicting a possible chest closure tomorrow. He is still under anesthesia, on a paralitic and on full ventilator support but occasionally I see him move a bit.
Our nurse today was very helpful and told us we could bring some socks and a clean stuffed animal for Tyler. They can use the animals to prop up his hands and feet as they reposition him every couple of hours. A very positive day for Tyler! Seeing 100% blood oxygen was one of the highlights.

Another fun surprise was a care package dropped off at the front desk from our friends Jason and Christine. What a treat! I am enjoying some snacks right now. Anne and Keith picked us up and we were able to get away for lunch. I am so glad to be in a city where we know someone. Thanks to everyone for all of your kind notes and prayers for us and Tyler as we go on this journey. We are so blessed to have you all in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment