Monday, May 28, 2012
Riley Day 10
No surgery today. The doctor told us that the schedule for surgery works best to do it Tuesday since our surgeon's team is off for the holiday. At first I got upset because I was assured that doing a surgery on the Friday before a holiday weekend would in no way have an influence on his care. I let the doctor know this and that I was not too happy about that excuse. When the surgeon came to check on Tyler he and the doctor were able to explain that the reason for waiting until Tuesday was because he prefers to work with his team but also that Tyler is still on 100% oxygen ventilator support and they would like to try to wean him back to 60% today so that they have some room to help him if he needs it following the surgery. This makes a lot more sense to me than just "its a holiday." They also said that he is starting the recovery process despite not having the chest closed and that closing the chest is not something that has to happen before he can start recovering. This was also good to hear because I was under the impression that he could not really start recovering until after his chest was closed. They are working him in on the wait list for surgery tomorrow and it should be sometime in the afternoon. The doctor said this surgery will take a couple of hours...nothing like the 13 from Friday's surgeries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment