I went to my one week visit with Dr. Teverbough yesterday. I learned that my blood pressure is still very high. She prescribed me some medication and let me know that sometimes it can take a few months for it to regulate because of the pre-eclampsia. She also thinks I have been overdoing it by going back and forth to the hospital so much. She suggested that I try to only go once a day and keep my activity to a minimum.
I went to visit Connor after the appointment and while I was there I had another seeing spots episode. The nurses sent me to the E.R. because I was dizzy and my arm was starting to get a little numb too. I spent the afternoon in the E.R. and was told that I need to be back on full bedrest. They did not want me traveling to the hospital to see Connor until I was better and the medicine was working.
I am very upset that I cannot see my baby right now. I really hope that my blood pressure will get under control soon. My mom is here taking care of me this week which I am grateful for. She has been cooking and cleaning and keeping me in my bed. I have not had a headache all day which is a really good thing.
Last night when John visited Connor the nurse had some wonderful news for us. Connor took his entire 5:30 feeding by bottle! He did not get too tired to finish it for the first time. This is great progress. The most he has ever taken is 1/3 by bottle and the rest by tube, so this is huge.
Julie, I hope you are feeling better soon. Great news about Connor, though. I'm so happy he took his entire feeding by bottle. You all are in my prayers. Many hugs!
ReplyDelete