Connor came home last night. We went to the hospital yesterday at 1:30 to meet Erin for our car bed fitting. She got us all set up to take Connor in our car. After the car bed fitting, I put Connor in some of his own clothes (the hospital has clothes that he has been borrowing) for his photos. His pictures should be posted on the hospital website soon. After his photos, we gave him his 2:30 feeding and were ready to go home. Well, his nurse on this particular day was overwhelmed with babies and was not very focused when it came to getting us checked out. We spent the entire afternoon sitting there waiting on her to finish getting us out of there. We finally left at 5pm.
Connor didn't mind the car too much. We made it home and into the house without too much trouble. When we got home, we put him in his cradle in the living room and he seemed to like it. Lori came over and brought us dinner that Dana made and a really nice card with gift cards for dinner from my wonderful co-workers. I can't thank them enough for all they have done for us. We enjoyed a really good dinner last night while we watched Connor sleep in his cradle.
The first night was not too bad. Connor likes his pack 'n play in our bedroom. He makes funny noises sometimes in his sleep which kept me awake because I am worried that it is not normal or that he is choking or something. I am sure I will get used to it soon and that all new parents wake up at every little noise. We took turns getting up and feeding him. Right now his food is breast milk mixed with a high calorie formula for weight gain, so we have to go to the kitchen to mix it up. (tough at 2am!) I think he got a little cold a few times, so we turned up the heater and added some blankets. He didn't cry too much, only a little bit when he got close to feeding time.
We are completely in love with our son Connor and are so happy to have him home. Today we are going to his first doctor's appointment with his pediatrician.
I'm so happy that Connor is finally at home and doing well. What a cutie-pie!!
ReplyDelete