My doctor appointment on Wednesday was not until 2pm, so I had to lay around all day waiting to find out my test results. John and I went to the doctor and I had to have my blood pressure checked. Once again it was very high. They took me into an exam room and had me lay down on my left side for 10 minutes and checked again. It was still high, but had gone down. They did this another time to watch it improve.
Dr. Croland came in to tell me that the blood pressure was high and that I am done working. He also said that my blood work looked good (praise God!). He said that I need to be laying down all the time now and that he will need to see me weekly. The baby will need to come out sooner rather than later. He then asked me to take a urine test and this is when the fun part happens.
I took the test and he came back in to tell me that I am spilling protein in my urine which means that my body cannot be pregnant much longer. He said that he needed to run one more test and if that comes back with too much protein, that he will need to deliver the baby. For this test, I was given two huge jugs to collect all of my urine for the next 24 hours. John will have to take my urine to the hospital as soon as the 24 hours are done on Christmas Eve.
Dr. Croland said that it will take another day to get the test run, but when he has the results he will call us if we need to meet him at the hospital to be induced! It would be better for the baby if he could stay in for at least one more week, but if this test comes back bad, they need to get him out. I know that OSF has the facilities and that the baby is past the critical development, but I was not expecting this! The good news is that Dr. Croland will be the doctor on call, so if we have to deliver at least I will have my doctor.
No comments:
Post a Comment